I’ve striven to make the business very personal and, indeed, personable, otherwise I might as well be working for someone else! So I am fortunate to have a team of six very different personalities who will, doubtless, bring their own particular flair to their own parts of the project.
With that in mind I asked each of the team members to answer 20 questions, in the style of a Sunday supplement back page “A Day in the Life of…” I guess.
So, first off, with her answers is Laura, aka @newroomslau.
Laura will be championing a number of brands but has decided on looking at our recycled bags as a starter.
She will also be the first of the group to be blogging for us….keep your eyes peeled mid November.
Laura has a confidence I wish I’d had at 21, so it’s no surprise she wants to be Marketing Director for Selfridges….or Victoria Beckham…whichever comes first. All I can say is that if the last four weeks are any indication, if either of you is listening….you’d be foolish not to give her that job!
- Name – Laura.
- Nickname – I tend to get called LoCroCro (Like off Mean Girls, Glen Coco).
- Age – I am 20, turning 21 in November.
- Course of study at MMU – Retail Marketing and Management.
- What is your dream job? Dream job has to be a Marketing Director of Selfridges (dream big!).
- Where do you see yourself at 30 years old? I see myself working my dream job but getting close to retirement, and being a fabulous older lady with children and a husband.
- Tunnocks Teackes or Kit Kat? Has to be KitKat!
- Favourite TV Show? Favourite show always will be Sex and the City.
- Who is your role model? Role model is a tricky one, I find so many people inspiring and hard working, especially people who built their empire from nothing so to speak.
- What is the last book you read? Fifty Shades Freed. Very interesting…
- What is your favourite film? Favourite film I know will be the Great Gatsby when it gets released in Summer 2013.
- What was the last CD you bought? The last one I bought was when I was about 13, I think it was the Amy Winehouse album Frank.
- What made you choose Manchester for your degree? I came to the open day and fell in love. It is big and exciting enough for me whilst only being an hour and a bit away from home. It’s like a mini London!
- What is your most commonly used word or phrase? Probably the word ‘hun’ to describe someone when they have been nice to me. “Oooh I love that person they are such a hun!”
- If you could invite 4 famous people to dinner, who would you invite and why? I’d invite Andy Warhol, Kate Moss.
- Where is the one place on earth you’d like to visit? I really, really, really want to go to Bali. It looks like paradise.
- What is the most daring thing you’ve ever done? I’m genuinely not a very daring person, I constantly worry about the consequences of serious things, eg. If I saw a bungee jump, I would think it would snap when I used it.
- How much is a pint of milk? About 87p?
- Who’s going to win this year’s X Factor? Haven’t been watching it too much recently but ELLA. Her voice makes me cry.
- Of all the products available at newroomsonline, which is your favourite? Definitely the English Eccentrics mugs. I think they are brilliant, I would get one for each of my friends.